Pages

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Welcome to the World Bubba


Lil' Hulkster
   On this day, back in 1982, a beautiful baby boy was welcomed into the world. He was the cutest baby that the doctors and staff at the hospital had ever seen. Word spread quickly about this young tyke through the halls of the maternity ward, people declaring, “You just have to go see him, he’s heaven sent!” The hospital was flooded by reporters wanting interviews with the mother of this angel child, who they had since dubbed, “Knee High”, due to the fact that he came out wearing knee high basketball socks and all white Chuck Taylors. After a few days of pandemonium, the hospital seemed to calm down and my mother was able to take me (oh! Did I not mention this story was about my birth? Oops!) home.

               I am not going to go into my complete life story, people don’t want to hear it and I personally don’t want to put it out there. I had an amazing childhood, I absolutely could not have asked for a better upbringing. I grew up in a house where I can never recall my parents even having the tiniest of fights and where family was always the most important thing, no matter what. I never wanted for anything, my parents worked their asses off to provide for my brother and me, and for that I will always be thankful. I feel truly blessed that I got the opportunity to grow up in such a loving household, something I try to bring into my home now that I have a family of my own. I have always said if I could be just half the parent that my mom and dad were, then I am doing a pretty fantastic job. To this day, at 29 years old, I feel the same love from and for my parents that I did when I was just a little guy running around with no shoes or socks on, diaper slam full of fun!

               There is not enough time in the day to go into details about my life from the ages of 19-24; those were labeled my “dark days”. I had what some people might consider a little trouble with drinking, which led to bad decisions and strains on my family life. Bottom line, my parents never left my side, no matter what sort of craziness I had gotten myself into, and for that I will always be thankful. They could have easily left me stranded to handle things on my own, but not once did they ever turn their back on me. I mean shit; I would have left me if I could. Enough about those days, the important thing is that I am here, alive and well, able to celebrate my birthday with the people I love most in life.

My Girls :)
               This will be the first birthday that I get to spend with my princess, Gabriella. It means the world to me, even though she has no idea of what a birthday is yet, just her being there will be so memorable. Today, I am able to say that I could not be any happier in life. I have the most loving wife who puts up with my shit on a daily basis, two beautiful children and a family full of people that love me. Mom and Dad, thank you for everything you have done for me in life, I would be nowhere without the love and support you have provided over the years. Cody, I could not ask for a better brother to share life with and watch grow up. You will be so successful one day and I look forward to getting to watch it happen. Your love for my daughter means more than you will ever know. Hope, what can I say, you are my foundation. Without you, I would be completely lost, going nowhere at a rapid pace. Life with you is amazing; I could not imagine a more perfect life than the one we live together. You have blessed me with the most beautiful little girl I have ever laid eyes on, a little mini version of you (that could be trouble J ). I love you more than you will ever know, thank you for all of your support and love that you continue to provide to me every day. I look forward to what the future has in store for us; it will be nothing short of amazing.
My Love
             Almost 30, I better enjoy this last year in my 20’s, I’m getting OLD!

No comments:

Post a Comment