Pages

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Mr. Inapropiate


Angel Hair Pasta

            First and foremost, I am the undisputed king of random. Stealing a quote from my brother in law, I feel that there are two types of people in this world. People that find me funny and people with no sense of humor what so ever. I always feel sad for a person with no sense of humor. It would be a terrible way to go through life, all serious and uptight. Laughter is truly a beautiful thing.

Donkey Butt!
            I’m right around 98% sure that there are quite a few people out there that find my sense of humor completely fucked up. I was blessed with my father’s sense of humor, which I wouldn’t have any other way. A longtime family friend told me the other day, in reference to a status I had posted on Facebook, “You know Bubba, the apple really doesn’t fall far from the tree!”. I took that as a huge compliment. My father has always been known for his crazy sense of humor, so for me to be able to follow in his tracks and keep the funny alive is a great feat. My wife appreciates my sense of humor, not many women could deal with me on a full time basis. I love it about her, that she simply “gets me” and appreciates my borderline inappropriate, sometimes offensive remarks. Nothing I say or write, whether in a blog, on Facebook or on Twitter is ever meant to hurt anybody’s feelings. I have a giant heart and could quite possibly be one of the most sensitive men on the planet. Frankly, I just don’t really bite my tongue when it comes to something I feel like commenting on. I tend to take things right to the edge of appropriate, and instead of toeing the line, I go ahead and step right over it. I would never in a million years mean to hurt anyone’s feelings. I would be highly upset with myself if a comment or statement of mine did so. I am more in for that shock value, saying things people think, but don’t have the guts to say themselves. As stated in the classic early 90’s jam “Donkey Butt”, there ain’t no shame in my game. I want people to read my writing and get a good laugh out of it. I get somewhat of a high when people that I have never met, but have read my blog, tell me that they find my posts completely hilarious. We all have days where we could use a good laugh, and I intend to try and provide those laughs for as long as I possibly can (basically until my princess gets old enough to read..lol). I guess after that, I will have to go incognito and write under an alias of some sort. Maybe I will go by White Thunder? Who knows, I have a few years to come up with that one.

 Stephen Epton

No comments:

Post a Comment